Flank steak is a very lean piece of beef that can easily get tough. But, don’t fret. In this recipe, the acidity from the lime juice marinade will help tenderize the meat. Try out this soft, tender, tasty flank steak made with a simple yet excellent-tasting marinade. It’s easy to whip up and cook, but you will need some time to let the meat sit in the marinade for the best flavor. For optimal results, marinate the meat for at least two hours, or longer if you have the time. Plus, you may want to cook the steak to a medium-rare to keep it juicy. Our publisher, Billy Strawter Jr., tried out this mouthwatering grilled flank steak recipe and only had praises for the dish.
@blac_detroit Chili Lime Flank Steak Recipe PREP TIME 5 mins COOK TIME 12 mins MARINADE 2 hrs TOTAL TIME 2 hrs 17 mins SERVINGS 4 servings Ingredients 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak For the marinade: 1/4 cup white wine vinegar Juice from half lime 4 large cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons honey 2 teaspoons smoked paprika 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Make the marinade: In a dish large enough for the flank steak to lay flat combine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, thyme, cumin, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes. Just use a fork or whatever you have lying around to mix it all together. Coat the steak: Once the marinade is mixed together, toss the steak in the marinade and turn it a few times to make sure the surface area is coated. Cover and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours and as long as 8 hours. Preheat the grill: Prepare a charcoal grill for two-zone grilling, so half is hot and the other half is warm. The grill is hot when you can only hold your hand over the hot zone for a second or two. On a gas grill , heat the grill to 450°F with two burners going, which should only take about 10 minutes, then turn one of the burners down to medium to create two cooking zones. Grill the steak: Remove the steak from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Put the thickest part of the steak over the hottest side of the grill, and the thinner side over the warm zone. Close the lid and sear for 7 minutes. Open the lid, flip the steak, close the lid. Cook for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. Meat should be medium to medium rare. Rest and slice: Let the steak rest for about 5-10 minutes. Then cut into thin slices (less than 1⁄2 inch thick), at a diagonal angle across the grain. Arrange on a platter and serve. #blacdetroit #blacmagazine #cookingwithblac #cooking #flanksteak #recipe #recipesoftiktok #recipesforyou #goodeats #blacdetroitmagazine ♬ Cooking – Brave Money Ray Ray
Chili Lime Flank Steak
- 1 grill
- 1 bowl
- 2 lbs flank steak
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ pc lime
- 4 pcs garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine vinegar, lime juice, garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, thyme, cumin, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes in a dish big enough for the flank steak to rest flat. Just combine everything using a fork or anything else you happen to have on hand.¼ cup white wine vinegar, ½ pc lime, 4 pcs garlic cloves, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp chili powder, 1½ tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper, ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Once the marinade has been combined, add the steak and spin it around a few times to cover the whole surface. For at least two hours and up to eight, cover it and put it in the fridge.2 lbs flank steak
Preheat the Grill
- Set up a charcoal grill with two cooking zones such that one is hot and the other is warm. When you can only hold your palm over the hot area of the grill for a few seconds, it is hot.
- In order to establish two cooking zones on a gas grill, first heat the grill to 450°F with two burners active. This should only take approximately 10 minutes.
Grill the steak
- Take out the steak and throw away the marinade. Place the steak's thickest portion on the hotter side of the grill and its thinner portion on the cooler side. Seven minutes of searing are required. Flip the steak over, then close the cover. Cook for a further 6–7 minutes. It's best to have medium-rare meat.
- Allow the steak to rest for five to ten minutes. After that, slice thinly (less than a half-inch thick), diagonally across the grain. Serve after arranging on a plate.