The blueberry-honey whiskey sour is a refreshing, tart and sweet cocktail that is perfect for summer sipping. This twist on the classic whiskey sour features black-owned whiskeys, fresh blueberries and honey for a delicious and unique drink.
Whether you’re looking to support black-owned businesses or simply enjoy a delicious cocktail, this blueberry-honey whiskey sour is sure to please. The best part? It’s easy to make and can be adapted to your taste. So, grab your favorite black-owned whiskey and get mixing!
Blueberry Honey Whiskey Sour
- 1/4 cup freshly pureed blueberries about 1/4 pint whole berries. strained if desired (I did not strain mine!)
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1/3 cup Uncle Nearest whiskey bourbon is an alternative
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup simple syrup*
- 1 lime Garnish optional
- Simple syrup is a simple and easy way to make your favorite cocktails. Simply combine equal parts sugar with water in a small saucepan over medium heat until all the sweetness has been dissolved (no need for boiling!), remove from heat then allow it to cool completely before using as desired.
- Fill a cocktail shaker (or makeshift one) half way with ice. Pour in whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, pureed blueberries, & honey. Place lid on and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds.
- Add ice to a small whiskey glass. Strain beverage into cup and serve immediately.
- Drizzle some extra honey on top if desired!