First things first, I don’t make regular Mac N Cheese at my house anymore! Did you hear that?
None. My family doesn’t even request it. They expect my Vegan Mac N Cheese!
My guests that come over….they don’t request it either. You know why, because it tastes like God himself put the stamp of approval on this dish! It tastes WONDERFUL! It has all the creamy goodness, all the cheesy flavor as regular Mac N Cheese! I’m not joking, you are just going to have to try it yourself! I didn’t even want to share the recipe, but what’s a good thing if you can’t share it with friends?
Sooooo, here it is.
Let me know what YOU think!
Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz Pasta Shells
- 3 bags Bags Daiya Cheese vegan
- 1 package Mozzarella & Cheddar
- 1/2 tbsp container Vegan Sour Cream tofutti
- 1/2 tbsp container Vegan Cream Cheese daiya or toffuti
- Almond Milk or Soy Milk non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Parmesan vegan To Taste
- 4 Cloves Garlic unless you want more or less
- 1 tbsp Canadian Steak Seasoning or Himalayan Sea Salt to taste, start with a tablespoon
- Boil pasta according to packaging
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl combine Pasta, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and minced garlic
- Add both packs of Daiya Stir together
- Add Himalayan sea salt to taste, I don’t like it too salty,
- Add 2 tablespoons of Canadian steak seasoning to start, add more to taste
- Add Almond Milk/ Soy Milk/ Dairy Alternative until the mixture is creamy (not watery), I will use like 2-3 cups.
- Spray your pan for easy clean up afterwards. (p.s. vegan cheese doesn’t stick to the pan, like the regular stuff, and think of the insides of your body, it will be happy for that)
- Fill your pan, and top with Parmesan (vegan that is) and pop that baby in the oven for like 20-30 mins.
- Until you see it bubble and become golden brown.
- Let it sit for like 10 minutes if you can wait that long (there are always spoonfuls in the corner missing in my house)
- Plate, and be prepared for your tastebuds to be forever satisfied!