It’s soft on the belly and full of vegetables that are absolutely amazing for you!
This delicious, gluten-free vegan gumbo has no added fats, and it is packed with delicious beans, okra, mushrooms, garlic and sage. Serve the gumbo with brown rice or cornbread for a tasty and healthy meal or a side dish as a part of a multi-layered course meal. This vegan Gumbo is perfect for guests or alone with family and makes your insides feel warm.
Plant Based Gumbo Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Crimini Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 cup Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 cups Frozen Okra Pieces Fresh or Frozen
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes No salt added
- 3 cans Kidney and Red Beans No salt added
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Dried or Fresh Sage
- 1 tbsp Dried or Fresh Thyme
- 1 Whole Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 small bag Mini Carrots Sliced
- 2 Lagre Carrots Cut into rounds
- 2 Green Peppers Seeds Removed & Diced
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/2 White Powder
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 2 Beyond Sausages
- 1 Tofurkey Italian Sausage Or just another type of sausage with a different texture
- 1/2 Smoked Paprika
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, garlic, pepper, carrot and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until onion becomes translucent.add your seasonings and vegetable stock.
- Add your seasonings and vegetable stock.
- Add all veggies, do not drain, and let simmer a separate pan, slice your plant based sausages, and pan fry them until they are almost done and add them to the potSimmer on medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and cornbread.