A sneaky drink that hides tequila behind a creamy blue veil, the frostbite is fun. This simple blue cocktail uses an unusual combination of ingredients that you’ll definitely want to try because it gives you a good idea of Bleu tequila’s full potential in cocktails.
The frostbite recipe is an old favorite that’s been around for a few decades (at least) and there are many ways that you can adjust it to fit your personal taste. It always has a tequila base and is accented with chocolate and orange liqueurs. You will want to choose white crème de cacao rather than the “dark” brown version so the blue curaçao can control the drink’s color.
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao liqueur
- 1/2 oz white crème de cacao liqueur
- 1/2 oz cream
- Luxardo Cherries for garnish
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the Tequila, blue curaçao, crème de cacao, and cream. Fill with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled, old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a cherry. Serve and enjoy.