Cornbread has always been a staple component for a soulful Christmas. Black families have enjoyed the tradition of this mouth-watering treat for centuries. Beans & Cornbread Soulful Bistro has satisfied the taste buds of Detroiters since 1997 with its renowned cornbread and plethora of other soul foods. In the spirit of the holiday season, Beans & Cornbread Soulful Bistro has given the gift of delicacy with this recipe for cornbread.
Beans & Cornbread’s Famous Cornbread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 Whole eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8-inch square pan.Melt butter in large skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.Add buttermilk and baking soda into skillet mixture.
- Gradually add cornmeal, flour and salt into the bowl.
- Beat until a few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.