There may be no better test of a bartender’s mettle than ordering an Old Fashioned. The old fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters and water, adding whiskey (typically rye or bourbon), and garnishing with an orange slice or zest and a cocktail cherry. It is traditionally served with ice in an old fashioned glass (also known as a rocks glass). BLAC added some Uncle Nearest 1856 as our Black-owned award-winning blend distilled, aged, 100 proof rye whiskey to make this classic Old Fashion cocktail.
Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Uncle Nearest Rye Whiskey
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 slice Orange Twist Garnish
- Put sugar in glass.
- Cover it with dashes of bitters
- Add whiskey and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add ice, stir again, and serve.
- If the barman starts shaking the ingredients or muddling fruit, have your next round at another bar.