This classic southern fried shrimp recipe allows for crunchy flavorful shrimp fried to perfection. Dip these in honey mustard or serve as a main entree. We love our southern fried shrimp in this part of the world and fried up in a deep fryer is the best way to go when you cook fried shrimp. A hot deep fryer cooks them so quickly, that there is far less absorption of the fat, leaving behind a crispy, crunchy and delicious fried shrimp.
Southern Fried Shrimp
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- Oil For Frying
- Add the milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp granulated garlic, and shrimp to a large bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Season the all purpose flour with the remaining salt, paprika, oregano, granulated garlic, and black pepper.
- Remove the shrimp from the milk mixture and coat well with the seasoned flour. Make sure to coat the shrimp really well with lots of seasoned flour. You should not be able to see the shrimp under the flour.
- Fry the shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until crispy in oil. The oil should be about 375 degrees F.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and place it on a plate with paper towel.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.