This classic Cooking with Que Vegan Mac ‘N Cheese tastes absolutely wonderful with all the creamy goodness, all the cheesy flavor as regular daily laden Mac ‘N Cheese. I’m not joking, you are just going to have to try it yourself or pick up a batch from The Kitchen.
First things first, I don’t make regular Mac ‘N Cheese at my house anymore! Did you hear that? None.
My family don’t even request it. They expect my Vegan Mac N Cheese and my guests that come over….they don’t request it either. You know why, because it tastes like God himself put the stamp of approval on this dish.
This classic baked vegan mac and cheese is everything you want a mac and cheese to be. It’s creamy, saucy, ultra cheesy and topped with a delicious Vegan parmesan and baked to perfection.
This is really a ‘classic’ vegan mac and cheese recipe in the sense that a classic mac and cheese usually involves lot of different flavors of cheeses with heaps of noodles added to it, and then it’s placed into a dish and topped with breadcrumbs and baked. And that’s really very close to what I did here.
Vegan Mac ‘N Cheese
- 16 Oz Pasta Shells
- 2-3 bags Daiya Cheese (vegan) Mozzarella & Cheddar 1 pack each
- 1/2 container Vegan Sour Cream (tofutti)
- 1/2 container Vegan Cream Cheese (daiya or toffuti)
- Almond Milk or Soy Milk (non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
- Parmesan (vegan) To Taste
- 4 cloves Garlic (unless you want more or less)
- Canadian Steak Seasoning (to taste, start with a tablespoon)
- Himalayan Sea Salt (start with a teaspoon)
- Boil pasta according to packaging.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine Pasta, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and minced garlic.
- Add both packs of Daiya.
- Stir together.
- Add Himalayan sea salt to taste, I don't like it too salty, add 2 tablespoons of Canadian steak seasoning to start, add more to taste.
- Add Almond Milk/ Soy Milk/ Dairy Alternative until the mixture is creamy (not watery), I will use like 2-3 cups.
- Spray your pan for easy clean up afterwards.
- Fill your pan, and top with Parmesan (vegan that is) and pop that baby in the oven for like 20-30 mins.
- Until you see it bubble and become golden brown.
- Let it sit for like 10 minutes if you can wait that long (there are always spoonfuls in the corner missing in my house).
- Plate, and be prepared for your tastebuds to be forever satisfied.