Are you in the mood for something savory and delicious? If so, why not try your hand at making Everything Soul Egg Rolls? This recipe is perfect for those who crave comfort food with a twist. Everything Soul Egg Rolls are made with sweet potato, mac and cheese, collard greens, and smoked turkey. The best part is that they’re easy to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
Everything Soul Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer
- Make your mac and cheese, and collard greens with smoked turkey to your liking. Add any other ingredients of your choosing.
- Skin and chop the sweet potatoes into small pieces.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add in your brown sugar and olive oil while stirring to ensure that each piece is coated.
- Place the coated sweet potatoes in an air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10–12 minutes or until they are soft
- Place your egg roll wrapper on a plate with a corner facing you.
- Place 1–2 teaspoon of each filling onto the egg roll sheet: mac and cheese, greens with smoked turkey, sweet potatoes, and anything else you’ve chosen as filling.
- Fold the sides, and roll up the egg roll like a burrito.
- Take a bit of water to ensure the egg roll flap sticks to the egg roll and remains closed. You can use a little collard green juice, too.
- Place your soul rolls in your air fryer. Sprinkle olive oil over your egg rolls for best results. Cook your soul rolls in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5–6 minutes
Cooking with BLAC is always a good time. Whether you’re whipping up a quick meal or spending hours in the kitchen, our recipes are sure to please. And for those nights when you just want to relax with a drink in hand, we’ve got you covered with our BLAC Happy Hour recipes. From classic cocktails to fun twists on old favorites, we’ve got something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and start drinking!
Visit African American Cuisine – BLAC® Recipes to discover your new favorite go to meal or drink.