Sip on a NYAK SideCar aka Where the Money Reside drink while you listen to Episode One of the BLAC Happy Hour Podcast. This week we show you how to make the drink while we talk with Nyak Cognac partner and Detroit native Dennis McKinley, Former VP for for Remy Cointreau about the launch of premium cognac brand Nyak Cognac.
- Glassware: Coupe or Rocks Glass
- 2 oz Nyak Cognac
- 3/4 oz Orange Liqueur (Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Lemon Sugar, rim
- 1 Lemon Peel, Garnish
- If desired, cut lemon in half and rub on the rim glass.
- Dip glass in sugar and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker add ingredients with ice and shake until cold.
- Strain into a glass and garnish with a with a lemon peel.
NYAK is a premium cognac brand redefining the everlasting tasting experience of a smooth, premium, yet affordable cognac. It was back in the early 2000s when the NYAK brand came into conception during a time when Cognac houses in France started to realize the consumption in the U.S. was drifting away from its tradition of being used as a digestive toward a more casual, fun-loving, and informal approach. Simultaneously, the African-American community was making monumental breakthroughs in pop culture which sparked a major influence for the NYAK brand. Many aspects of this shift in American culture can be attributed to the birth of the NYAK brand.
About BLAC Happy Hour
BLAC Happy Hour is a BLAC Inc production that continues our mission of celebrating Black Life, Arts & Culture for over 20 years. With Jennifer Peeples of Perfect10 Mixology we explore the stories behind black owned spirits.