Hey Fam It’s Cooking with Que for BLAC Detroit Magazine and the New Year is right around the corner…..we all know the saying..New Year, New Me!! Now it’s time to live up to it. We can’t be successful at being healthy if we don’t change our mindset and the food that surrounds us.
Check your cabinets, check your fridges & freezers, throw out everything that is expired and everything that is not providing a benefit to your body! What you put in is what you get out.. And we only get one body saints!!
Our recipe for today is a simple fruit salad with fruits that are readily available at your local grocer. You know how this goes, if you make this recipe tag us in it!! @CookingwithQue & @BlacDetroitMag on all things social
Simple Fruit Salad
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 cup Watermelon
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1-2 sprigs Mint
- 1 cup Mango
- 2 count Limes (fresh squeezed)
- Dice your Mango and Watermelon
- Add to a larger bowl (so you can stir it up)
- Add Blueberries
- Give your Mint Leaves a good Hi-Five!
- Flip them over and give them one more!
- Remove Mint Leaves from the Stem
- Chop Finely then add to the Bowl
- Lastly roll your limes so that you get all of the juice out of it
- Stir everything together.. and Voila! Wait until you taste this fruit salad!! It's amazing!