t's almost Farmers Market season! When the time comes, be sure to check out these locations. See a more complete list at MetroParent.com.
- Rouge Park, 14027 W. Outer Dr., Detroit.
The Detroit Black Community Food Security Network's urban farming project. You can also volunteer to tend the garden, Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m to noon.
- Season dates: May 25-Oct. 26
- Fridays: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays June 19, July 17, Aug 21 4:00-7:00 pm
- Phone: 313-673-4207
- Location: 22101 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
The Dearborn Farmers & Artisans Market offers seasonal, Michigan produced items, such as fresh flowers, vegetables and baked goods, from over 30 vendors.
- 14820 Mack Ave., Detroit
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- June 9th-Oct. 20
Sells produce, sweet breads as well as vegan body soaps and lotions.
- 2934 Russell St., Detroit
- Saturdays, year-round
Offering 150-plus produce and plant vendors (not to mention the herbs, mushrooms, jellies and more), this locale boasts being the country's largest historic public market district.
- Starts in May
- 15000 Southfield Fwy., Detroit. Bushnell Congregational Church parking lot
- Thursdays from 4 to 8 p.m.
Sells fresh produce, locally grown teas, baked goods and an assortment of hormone-free meats.
- 316 E. 11 Mile Rd., Royal Oak
- Saturdays, year-round; Fridays, May-Christmas
- 248-246-FARM (3276)
Premium indoor market that always offers plenty of fruits, vegetables, baked goods, eggs and dairy products – plus collectibles and antiques.
- Starts June 6, runs through October.
- 5401 Cass Ave., Detroit.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sells produce, other food products and flowers. Accepts Michigan Bridge Card and WSU One Card.
Comment to let us know your favorite farmers markets and community gardens!